Friends of South Glos Strays was set up in 2010 by Dog Warden Celia Bourne to establish a network of volunteers to help the stray dogs of South Gloucestershire. Our dogs are rehomed through rescue centres across the UK.
FOSS relies entirely on voluntary contributions and money raised from events and collections.
1. To always put the welfare of the dog first.
2. To find every dog a suitable forever home or rescue centre as quickly as possible.
3. To always provide veterinary treatment where needed.
4. To have every dog wormed, flea treated, vaccinated and microchipped before they enter a forever home or rescue centre.
5. To, where possible, spay/neuter dogs before they enter a forever home.
6. To always assess every dog as thoroughly as possible before rehoming.
7. To provide back-up and always be available for help or advice before and after adoption.
8.To provide education and information on responsible pet ownership to the local community.
9. To raise awareness of stray dogs.
10. To raise sufficient funds in order to carry out all out aims.